Thursday, August 30, 2012

Death and Taxes

It's not going to get any easier any time I say it- I've learned that now. So without further ado, here is is: My Pie-Pie passed away yesterday.

It happened in the wee hours of the morning, after a terrifying trip to the hospital. He had some pain in between his shoulder blades. JK, it wasn't pain....it was a massive heart attack. Possibly one of a few that he had earlier, the afternoon before. He was air lifted to a bigger facility that specialized in hearts; maybe a 5-7 minute flight. They had to touch down at the hospital between the two- He was gone. The last thing I heard him say was "I love you all", as he was being rolled to the helicopter. Our whole family was there, because heart attacks aren't to be taken lightly- especially on a 78 year old man. He wasn't the type to cry wolf- He battled cancer 3 different times, and came out as healthy as a horse. He wasn't sick. Something had to be wrong, and I know exactly what it was.

The lovely United States Government.

My grandmother passed away in October (I don't know if I posted about that or not...it was expected. She was really sick) and ever since then, my grandfather has been struggling financially. They wouldn't give him any of her Social Security, wouldn't give him food stamps (we actually bought him food so he wouldn't go hungry), wouldn't give him any loans, and just basically said fuck you. Well, his check from retirement isn't enough on it's own to pay for his house, car, utilities, and food. I know, I know, that's the way the world works- you never have enough money. I get that. I go through that right now at 19. But why can kids that graduated with me get food stamps, and my grandfather can't? Why can 90% of our town get taken care of, but my family can't? We're not rich. You know our professions, you know they don't pay too much. We are working-class. We have enough to have what we need, and on holidays some of the things that we want....but my "minority" friends go to college for free, have more food than their whole block can eat, and have a house built by the government.

Newsflash: It's WRONG to deprive citizens that actually work for the little bit they have.


My grandfather was a member of the US Military, was a part time Police Officer and volunteer firefighter, and spent many years working for the US Railroad. I think those are really respectable jobs and deserve to be put ahead of the drug dealer that has 12 kids by different "baby-daddies" and uses their monthly welfare check for Polo clothing.

I already didn't respect the government. I didn't care what happened when it came to them. I have been determined since I was nine to leave this country, and I fully intend to do so. Now, it's personal. Keep your welfare, keep your president, keep your stupid war in the middle east; I'm done with all of it. If all of that is worth letting my grandfather stress himself over money into a massive heart attack, I don't want to be a part of it.


One Nation, Under God, Indivisible, With Liberty, and Justice for SOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment